American Arbitration Association (AAA)
The American Arbitration Association is the largest and well known alternative dispute resolution forum dedicated to the development and widespread use of prompt, effective, and economical methods of dispute resolution. The AAA administers approximately 150,000 cases annually.
The American Arbitration Association is a non-profit, private conflict management service found in 1926. The AAA arbitrates to find resolutions to disputes. It takes its role as a standard-setter seriously and embraces integrity and quality service. Their services include arbitration, mediation, and negotiation.
The American Arbitration Association is dedicated to effective, efficient, and economical methods of dispute resolution through education, technology, and solutions-oriented service. They demand impartial and fair treatment to all people they come in contact with, regardless of gender, race, age, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation. We provide parties with resolutions to disputes regardless or their perspectives, experiences, or backgrounds.
AAA is committed to hiring a diverse staff and seeks advice from a diverse group or international and national advisory committees..
AAA is Committed to Confidential Conflict Management
The AAA conducts private arbitration and manages conflict management and resolves disputes with their vendors and use AAA’s employment dispute resolution program for non-union employees. AAA keeps information confidential but does not take a position on whether the parties should or should not disclose details of their proceeding, provided they have no separate confidentiality agreement.
AAA Commercial Rules and Standards
- AAA is held to the highest standards and recommended by business and union leaders.
- AAA provides mandatory training for its commercial and construction employment.
- AAA’s rules and procedures provide for the criteria for the selection of AAA arbitrators and mediators.Paul J. Burkhart is a AAA arbitrator who can represent clients and serve as their arbitrator.
- AAA arbitration is instituted by the claimant who must include the nature of the dispute, names, and addresses of the parties, and the amount involved.
- Any new or different claims must be made in writing and filed with the AAA with a copy to the opposing party.
- Once a panel is appointed, no new or different claims can be submitted without the arbitrator’s consent.
- The panel of 1 to 3 arbitrators can be agreed upon by the parties.
AAA’s Financial Integrity
- The AAA has independent accountants to audit their financial records. Employees are held to the AAA Standards of Ethics and Business Conduct for the handling of finances.
- AAA employees are held to the AAA Standards of Ethics and Business Conduct requiring impartiality. The AAA has no prior contact with the parties.
- AAA arbitrators are required to serve on consumer cases for $750The AAA has a fee reduction if there is evidence of a parties’ financial hardship.
- AAA arbitrators are required to serve on consumer cases for $750. The AAA has a fee reduction if there is evidence of a parties’ financial hardship.
- Parties and clients have the right to contact their case manager or supervisor to provide feedback on service. The AAA periodically surveys parties on specific caseloads.
Business Attorney Palm Beach Gardens
Paul J. Burkhart
Paul J. Burkhart can help you with arbitration. Paul J. Burkhart is an experienced attorney and AAA arbitrator who can represent you in arbitration or serve as your arbitrator. He can offer legal advice and find resolutions to disputes.
Our team assists both individuals, and business clients with all their legal needs, including business and Corporate Transactions, Business/Commercial and Civil Litigation, Real Estate, Intellectual Property, Family Law, and Estate Planning matters. We are a full-service private law firm ready to assist you with any request, large or small. Call 561-880-0155 or visit our website.
Law Offices of Paul J Burkhart, PL
800 Village Square Crossing
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Phone: (561) 880-0155
© Copyright 2019. All Rights Reserved.