The Law Offices of Paul J Burkhart, PL has helped personal injury clients receive awards of monetary damages that include medical costs, lost income (past and future), expenses, and pain and suffering. Our objective is justice for injured people, and our success is based on years of experience litigating all types of personal injury and wrongful death claims.
An individual can be a victim of personal injury at any time and in any place. If you have suffered physical or emotional harm because of someone else’s negligent or reckless actions, you are entitled to file a claim against the party at fault.
Personal injury litigation encompasses a wide variety of claims, including:
- Wrongful death
- Birth defects caused by toxic chemicals
- Cancer caused by toxic chemicals
- Slip and fall
- Motor vehicle
- Motorcycle accidents
- Boating and watercraft accidents
- Animal bites
- Medical malpractice
- Product liability (e.g., defect in either manufacturing or design of product; failure to warn)
- Nursing home and elder abuse
- Toxic torts – including chemicals and cosmetics, class actions, hazardous waste, pesticides, radiation and electromagnetic energy
- Class action (several related lawsuits are combined into one to avoid swamping the judicial system with hundreds or thousands of individual cases)
- Medical devices
- Pharmaceutical products
In the state of Florida, you must prove that you have been injured by another party’s careless or reckless actions to win a personal injury claim. Our experienced lawyers know Florida’s complex personal injury laws, the court system, and individual rights, and can effectively prove your physical and/or mental injury under state laws. We understand that in order for a plaintiff to recover damages, a skilled attorney will prove the critical elements of negligence 1) the defendant had a duty to you, 2) the defendant failed in that duty, and 3) you were injured because of the defendants’ breach of duty and damages resulted from the injury. Once we prove negligence, you will be awarded damages.