For more than a decade Allen F. Bennett has dedicated his practice to securing intellectual property rights for entrepreneurs and their businesses. He has prepared over 150 patents, a similar number of trademarks and has litigated patents, copyrights and trademarks in federal court. Prior to law school, Mr. Bennett had a successful career in the life sciences, conducting research focusing on genetics and protenomics. His work has been published in the prestigious scientific journal Biochemistry. He graduated cum laude with a B.S. in Biochemistry and attended Baylor College of Medicine’s life science graduate program. While still specializing in the life science patents, Mr. Bennett also procures and litigates patents in a variety of fields, including mechanical, electrical, software and chemical technology.
Upon completing law school in 2001, Mr. Bennett worked at both IP boutiques and commercial litigation law firms. He also served as in-house patent counsel for CuRNA, the first biotech spin-off to emerge from Scripps Florida in Jupiter. These experiences give him the ability to evaluate both your innovations, and how to best protect them, from both a legal and a business perspective.
Mr. Bennett has published several articles on how changes in the law impact small business. He also regularly presents seminars on intellectual property for entrepreneurs through collaborations with local Small Business Development Centers and universities.
- 7,663,022 Transgenic bioluminescent plants
- 7,517,669 Gene regulation therapy involving ferritin
- 7,456,028 Electrochemical method for detecting water born pathogens
- 7,348,183 Self-contained microelectrochemical bioassay platforms and methods
- 7,240,911 System for controlling distribution of fluid to a system of air bags for use with vehicular trailers
- 7,153,703 Synthesis of stable colloidal nanocrystals using organic dendrons
- 7,147,441 Microfluidics and small volume mixing based on redox magnetohydrodynamics methods
- 7,127,909 Crushed ice extruder
- 6,988,561 Ergonomic planar grading hand tool
- 6,983,580 Variable size product on edge packaging system
- 6,887,714 Microvolume immunoabsorbant assays with amplified electrochemical detection
- 6,745,129 Wavelet-based analysis of singularities in seismic data
- 6,720,473 Intra-vascular administration of particles to induce pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary hypertension syndrome, and ascites in poultry
- 6,657,052 Biomolecular labeling
- 6,399,698 Process for the synthesis of epoxidized natural oil-based isocyanate prepolymers for application in polyurethanes
- 6,346,544 Desmethyl tocopherols for protecting cardiovascular tissue